Saturday, February 18, 2017

Red Cross Youth Jumpstart 2017



Hi! fellow readers, How are you doing? I hope it's good hopefully I could connect to you guys even though this is my second post for this year but hey there's a lot of days in a year I know I could share more of my life experiences with you.

Last January 28 and 29, 2017, We Red Cross Youth of our campus represented our school by joining the Red Cross youth Jumpstart 2017. This event happened yearly as it's goal is to make the volunteers of each colleges/highschool active by making an event every month because the reason why there's only few active red cross youth volunteer on each campuses is I believe members is looking for things where they could spend their extra time aside from school curricular activities thus joining school orgs. is their outlet

for this year the venue was at UM Tibungco Ilang Highschool for one day and one night



I enjoyed planning the activities from collecting dues for those who will be joining the event to assigning who will bring tents,extension wires, kettle and other such things to make ourselves comfortable during our stay



and to tell you this is my first camping experience that ever happened in my 18th year of existence 
I've enjoyed building up the tent I could not believe it's just easy to assemble the tent like all this time? (lol)

after assembling the tent we place "Trapal" underneath so that when it rain the water will not be soaked on the tent making our backs so cold when we woke up


a brief overview as a red cross volunteer, I've started volunteering way back on 2014 when there's a club fair and saw this org. I automatically joined the org. fast forward to 2016 I've become the Vice President of our School council also I joined specialize volunteer training where I'm part of the Disaster Management Service on Red Cross Youth Chapter here on my city

As a Red Cross Volunteer it's a fulfilling duty to served others without payment in exchange we woke up early to station First Aid booths during our school intramural, Fun run  and other events where our school requested us to be a first aider on school activities maybe when I graduate college this will be the legacy that I will be holding on my life

anyway, the camping was so fun after the event that ends at 11 PM after that we played games with my team mates and I have an amazing experience to find an outlet to charge during the camp like it's a hunger games where people bringing their phone walking through the campus to look for an outlet hahaha but what my team did is we brought 3 extension wires from one outlet we connected one extension wire to other one and to another one till it reached our tents and then we charge our phones for the "Amazing Race Activity" for the next morning (photos below for amazing race)






and things always ends but the important thing is we learned something from it
after the activities my team mates (where we are grouped with other schools) won 2nd place yes!


It's time to packed up things! so sad, Could we extend this for 2 nights?

Thank you for reading my blog post and hopefully on my next post I could able to share awesome experiences with you!

till next time bye bye!



1 comment:

  1. The Buffet at Borgata - Mapyro
    The Buffet at Borgata features 제주도 출장안마 more than 2,000 varieties of dishes and serves 인천광역 출장마사지 cuisine from the hottest to the slow-cooked. 안동 출장마사지 The Buffet 서울특별 출장마사지 at Borgata 안성 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete

Hello fellow reader what can you say about this post?

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.
She is Kaye © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.